You have not yet graduated and are interested in the field of public and/or animal health?
Each year Sciensano welcomes many interns in its scientific departments and laboratories, but also in its support functions.
These internships and/or dissertations are carried out with a view to preparing a diploma or certification and must be integrated into a training programme. Therefore, these collaborations with Sciensano are subject to a tripartite training agreement between the trainee, the educational institution, and Sciensano.
Our internships are open to students who wish to complete their training with field practice.
Doing your internship at Sciensano is an opportunity to:
- familiarise yourself with the professional world
- gain concrete and practical experience
- learn from competent colleagues.
What are the requirements for applying?
- you must be a student enrolled in a vocational bachelor’s or master’s degree programme OR in a job placement organisation
- the internship is carried out as part of the study/work placement and insurance cover is taken out by the educational/employment institution. We do not accept applications for voluntary or paid internships
- the internship is for a minimum of 6 weeks.
It is also possible to do a thesis in collaboration with Sciensano researchers. If opportunities are available, they are listed on our website. You can also propose projects related to the activities of our staff. Visit our website to get a clear picture of the subjects studied at Sciensano.
Conducting your thesis project at Sciensano is an opportunity to :
- collaborate with renowned scientists
- develop expertise in a specific field
- become familiar with the world of applied research.
What are the conditions to apply?
- be a student enrolled in the final year of a Master’s degree
- the final year project is carried out within the framework of the studies and insurance cover is taken out by the educational institution. We do not accept volunteer projects
- the project must last at least 6 weeks.
How to apply for a internship/dissertation project?
Do you share our approach to public and animal health and our values? Apply by following these steps:
- Consult our website, to determine precisely the field in which you wish to carry out your internship or the subject of your thesis.
- Go to our “My job opportunities” page. Via our internship advertisements, send your CV and a covering letter. If you apply spontaneously, please also specify the department you would like to do the internship in, as well as the specialisation. Do not forget to mention the desired dates and duration in your application.
- The Personnel Department will discuss your application with the department concerned. If they are interested in your application, they will contact you directly to make an appointment within 20 days of your application.