- More than half of them are scientists. They carry out scientific studies, identify and assess health-related risks, carry out expert and support work, develop and validate new scientific methods and techniques, and valorise the results of their research.
- Approximately, one quarter of them are laboratory assistants. They primarily perform laboratory analyses and provide research support.
- The other employees support the scientific activities through their work in finance, human resources, IT, etc.
Sciensano, many different people!
- are young and experienced professionals working together to achieve a common objective: contributing to our motto: 'Healthy all life long'!
have varied academic backgrounds and professional career paths.Our scientists, have different academic backgrounds: doctors, biologists, bio-engineers, masters in bio-medical sciences, pharmacists, etc.
- work in interdisciplinary teams
- are Belgian, European or originating from other countries, such as the United States and China
- work under various working arrangements (students, scholarship holders, employed by the Belgian state or the legal personality of Sciensano) and contracts (first employment, fixed-term, permanent, etc.)
- speak French and/or Dutch. Our bilingual working environment means that those who wish can improve their knowledge of the other national language. For scientists, English is also a working language