Fri, 22/09/2023 - 09:00 to 14:00
Since 2020, Sciensano has been coordinating an important European initiative: the Population Health Information Research Infrastructure (PHIRI), which aims to facilitate and generate the best available evidence for research on the health and well-being of populations impacted by COVID-19. PHIRI has been running for three years, bringing together experts in health information across Europe from 30 countries and 41 organisations.
On the 22nd of September, Sciensano organises PHIRI’s final event where we discuss key topics that are at the core of PHIRI’s activities:
- Powerful Tools to Boost the Reuse of Health Data: FAIR catalogues and federated architecture
- Strengthening the European Health Workforce
- Building Stronger Health Systems
- Building Collective Intelligence: Rapid Exchange Forum
Sciensano is pleased to invite you to the 3 year anniversary conference of this project, gathering European and Belgian key speakers, experts and stakeholders from research and policy making.
9:00 Registration and Coffee
Opening remarks by Dirk Ramaekers (Federal Public Service ‘Public Health’)
9:45 Keynote Address | PHIRI: From Data to Public Health Actions!
Speaker: Nienke Schutte (Sciensano)
10:00 Powerful Tools to Boost the Reuse of Health Data
Highlights of PHIRI:
- Hanna Tolonen (Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare — THL)
- Enrique Bernal-Delgado (Health Sciences Institute in Aragon — IACS)
- Jerome de Barros (European Commission — DG SANTE)
- Jana Makedonska (European Commission - HaDEA)
- Niklas Blomberg (ELIXIR)
10:45 Intermezzo: Strengthening the European Health Workforce
- Luís Lapão (Nova University Lisbon — UNL)
- Robort Otok – ASPHER *TBC
- Matthias Wismar (European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies — OBS)
11:00 Coffee Break
11:30 Video: PHIRI Roadshow
Presented by PHIRI coordination
11:35 Building Stronger Health Systems
Highlights of PHIRI
- Henk Hilderink (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment — RIVM)
- Miriam Saso (Sciensano)
- Bruno Ciancio (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control — ECDC)
- Dimitra Panteli (European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies — OBS)
- Eric Sutherland (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development — OECD)
- Maria Daniel Loureiro (European Commission — DG HERA)
12:20 Intermezzo: Building Collective Intelligence: Rapid Exchange Forum
- Claudia Habl (Gesundheit Österreich GmbH — GÖG)
- Jorgen Stassijns (Sciensano)
- Neville Calleja (Ministry of Health, Malta)
12:35 Wrap-up and closing
Presented by Andreas Holtel (European Research Executive Agency – REA)
and Nienke Schutte (Sciensano)
12:45 Networking lunch
This event is held in English only. It takes place on the 22nd of September from 09.00 to 12.45, followed by a networking lunch until 14.00, in Brussels, at Townhall Europe (Sq. de Meeûs 5, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium). It’s a hybrid event that you can join in person or online.
Register to join us in person (before the 15th of September)
Register to join us online line (no inscription deadline)
This event is free and open to all that are interested the reuse of health data and health information for research and policy-making across Europe.
PHIRI is coordinated by the EU health information system unit, which is part of Sciensano’s Health Information service. Contact the PHIRI team via firstname.lastname@example.org.