Registration (only for general practitioners who are member of the network)
Report your data for the 8 health problems covered by the network of general practitioners in 2020:
registration activity, acute respiratory infections, influenza-like illness and acute diarrhea
The registration of acute respiratory infections, influenza-like illness and acute diarrhea is done online. Take part in four steps:
- Print the registration form of acute respiratory infections, influenza-like illness and acute diarrhea (only available in Dutch or French)
- You can use this form as reminder to note the number of cases during the week (from Monday morning till Sunday evening)
- Enter this information at the end of the week using the button below (at the latest the following Tuesday evening)
- From Wednesday-afternoon, you can consult the weekly flu bulletin on the website.
sexual transmitted infections
The registration of sexually transmitted infections is done online.
tick bites or suspicion of Lyme disease
The registration of tick bites or suspicion of Lyme disease is done online.
The registration of varicella is done online.
problematic substance use
The registration of problematic substance use is done online.
falls among people >=65 years
Weekly incidence of consultations for influenza-like illness (consultations/100.000 inhabitants)
Weekly incidence of consultations for acute diarrhea (consultations/100.000 inhabitants)
Problems with the registration?
network coordinator if you have problems with the online registration or if you have another question.
Can I become a GP of the Network of General Practitioners?
Yes of course! network coordinator
The network of General Practitioners
The network comprises about 120 general practices all over Belgium, who weekly report data about 7 to 8 infectious and non-infectious diseases. This allows to study the incidence and prevalence of a variety of health problems and their characteristics. By providing epidemiological information as well as information on care provided in general practice, the SGPs support the policymakers in defining priorities and evaluating health policy. More info about the network
This network is only possible through close cooperation with our partners.
De Nooijer K, Pivodic L, Deliens L, Miccinesi G, Vega Alonso T, Moreels S, Van den Block L. Primary palliative care for older people in three European countries: a mortality follow-back quality study. BMJ Support Palliat Care 2019, Oct 17. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjspcare-2019-001967.
Boffin N, Van Casteren V, De Ridder K. Care of general practice patients preceding and following a suicide attempt: observational study in Flemish general practices. BMJ Open 2019, 9(5):e028546. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-028546.
- Bossuyt N, Van Cauteren D, Bustos Sierra N, Thomas I., Barbezange C. Griep Bulletin week x-2019 / Bulletin Grippe semaine x-2019 / Weekly Flu Bulletin week x-2019. Report. Brussel, Sciensano.
- Miranda G, Baetens J, Bossuyt N, Bruno O, De Baets B. Real-time prediction of influenza outbreaks in Belgium. Epidemics, sept 2019, 28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epidem.2019.04.001.
- Segaloff H, Melidou A, Adlhoch C, Pereyaslov D, Robesyn E, Pasi P, Olsen S, WHO European Region, European Influenza Surveillance Network. Co-circulation of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza A(H3N2) viruses, World Health Organization (WHO) European Region, October 2018 to February 2019. Eurosurveillance, 28/02/2019, 24 (9). https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2019.24.9.1900125.
- Geebelen L, Van Cauteren D, Devleesschauwer B, Moreels S, Tersago K, Van Oyen H, Speybroeck N, Lernout T. Combining primary care surveillance and a meta-analysis to estimate the incidence of the clinical manifestations of Lyme borreliosis in Belgium, 2015-2017. Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ttbdis.2018.12.007.
- Boffin N, Swinnen E, Wens J, Urbina PM, Van der Heyden J, Van Casteren V. General Practice Care for Patients with Rare Diseases in Belgium: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2018, 15(6):1180. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15061180.
- Bossuyt N, Van Cauteren D, Bustos Sierra N, Thomas I., Barbezange C. Griep Bulletin week x-2018 / Bulletin Grippe semaine x-2018 / Weekly Flu Bulletin week x-2018. Report. Brussel, WIV-ISP/Sciensano.
- Adlhoch C, Snacken R, Melidou A, Ionescu S, Pasi P, European Influenza Surveillance Network. Dominant influenza A(H3N2) and B/Yamagata virus circulation in EU/EEA, 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons, respectively. Eurosurveillance, 23/03/2018, 23(13). https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2018.23.13.18-00146.
- Deblonde J, Van Beckhoven D, Loos J, Boffin N, Sasse A, Nöstlinger C, Supervie V. HIV testing within general practices in Europe: a mixed-methods systematic review. BMC Public Health, 2018 Oct, 18(1):1191. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-6107-0.
- Penders YW, Onwuteaka-Philipsen B, Moreels S, Donker GA, Miccinesi G, Alonso TV, Deliens L, Van den Block L. Differences in primary palliative care between people with organ failure and people with cancer: An international mortality follow-back study using quality indicators. Palliat Med 2018, 32(9):1498-1508. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269216318790386.
- Rose M, Penders Y, Smets T, Deliens L, Miccinesi G, Vega AT, Moreels S, Van den Block L. Quality of primary palliative care for older people with mild and severe dementia: an international mortality follow-back study using quality indicators. Age Ageing 2018, Nov 1;47(6):824-833. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afy087.
- Vanden Berghe W, De Baetselier I, Van Cauteren D, Moreels M, Sasse A, Quoilin S. Surveillance van seksueel overdraagbare aandoeningen, 2014-2016. Report. Brussel, Sciensano.