Submit your complaint

Last updated on 24-12-2021 by Daisy Tysmans
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Any complaints about our services? Do let us know!

Day in, day out, Sciensano’s staff membres are ready to help you. They do everything in their power to provide you with an excellent service. 

In spite of that, you may feel that a certain issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction. If there are any errors to be rectified, you can always contact the person in charge of your personal file directly. 

If the person in question is unable or unwilling to help you, you are welcome to file a complaint. On receipt, our complaints department will look into your complaint, offer you a solution or rectify the error. By submitting your complaint, you actually help Sciensano avoid similar complaints in the future and allow us to improve our modus operandi and service provision.

If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of Sciensano’s services or think that you have been unfairly treated, you can submit a complaint using this form.

Who can file a complaint?

Any person, company or institution availing of the services of Sciensano is free to file a complaint.

What type of complaints can be submitted?

You are welcome to file a complaint if you are dissatisfied with:

  • the service or a product you received
  • the quality of the service you were provided with
  • the manner in which the staff membre dealt with your issue
  • the enforcement of the letter of the law.

Do bear in mind however that your complaint must relate to matters that come within the remit of Sciensano. You can often resolve complaints about COVID-19 test and recovery certificates yourself, via the information on our website. We give priority to complaints for which the information is not available on our website. This is due to the high workload as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

What type of complaints will not be entertained?

The following complaints will not be entertained:

  • anonymous complaints
  • complaints about facts that occurred years ago
  • complaints that do not come within the remit of Sciensano.

A complaint is not an appeal!

If you wish to have an administrative decision quashed, you must lodge an appeal. You will find the details of the appeal procedure in the letter notifying you of the administrative decision.

Still no solution?

If our complaints department was unable to help you or if you feel that you did not get the help you expected to receive you are welcome to contact the Federal Ombudsman. The Federal Ombudsman is completely independent, does not form part of any federal administration and will examine your complaint free of charge and impartially.

Contact details Ombudsman:
Chaussée de Louvain 48 letterbox 6
1000 Brussels
Free phone number 0800 99 962

QR code

QR code for this page URL