Because a work experience should be unique!
An organisation with a human face
At Sciensano, work is based on trust: in employees, in their human qualities, in their ability to achieve their work and to further improve their skills. This climate allows you to benefit from a considerable degree of autonomy. In particular, you have the chance to manage your priorities, your planning, your working schedules and your occupational development. Trust in employees is a source of motivation, well-being and best performance.
The well-being of all begins with yours!
- Working hour flexibility
- Possibility of e-working (under certain conditions and depending on the job)
- Working time arrangements (e.g. part-time work)
- 26 days of paid holiday per year
- Recuperation of overtime
- The Institute is closed for holiday between Christmas and New Year
- Leave on social grounds, etc.
Development of our employees
We consider that the professional development of our employees is the best way to maintain our status of scientific reference in the field of (public) health !
- Training programme when you join the Institute (welcoming sessions, quality assurance, planning interview) and opportunities for development throughout your career
- Annual review meeting with your superior, in collaboration with the Personnel & Organisation Department
An inclusive approach means that your development is encouraged by a wide range of training types:
- Technical skills (e.g. languages, computer skills and the use of scientific instruments and equipment) and generic skills (e.g. communication, leadership, assertiveness, stress management, etc.)
- Training courses, workshops, conferences and congresses, information sessions, e-learning, coaching, etc.
Remuneration and salary package
Remuneration is determined according to salary scales, which reflect the level of your qualifications, your experience and the responsibilities related to your post.
- Reimbursement of expenses when commuting between home and work
- Hospitalisation insurance, language allowances, sport allowances, FED+ card (www.fedplus.be), company restaurant with reasonable prices (hot and cold dishes)
- Large number of holidays
- Work-home balance
And it does not stop there. Benefit from these advantages and discover others when joining us!
A sustainable organisation
In order to guarantee our commitment vis-à-vis our employees and society as a whole, we take various measures in different directions:
- Well-being, safety at work and the promotion of the health of our employees
- Possibility of doing one hour of sports per week during working hours
- Allowance granted for a sporting/private cultural activity
- Possibility of e-work (under certain conditions and depending on the job)
- Free flu vaccination
- “Putting out the fire” training in first aid
- First aid workers and trustworthy support staff available for our employees
- Information sessions on psychosocial well-being at work (e.g. burnout and happiness at work), biosafety, etc.
- Mives Project (Milieu en Veiligheid – Environnement et Sécurité – Environment and Safety): commitment of the organisation and of all employees to reduce our environmental impact
- Allowance granted to employees who come to work by bike
- Sustainable development day